Tuesday, August 9, 2011

No headlines, just headboards

Katrina and Aimee from The Block made a headboard for the upstairs bedroom the other week for $60, so I decided that I would revamp our bedroom and try one out for myself. My cousin at Flaunt Furnishing makes some excellent furniture, and I had originally asked her to help me out, but I just couldn't wait!
Anyway, $170 later ($60 my foot!) and here it is. I must admit, we had to do a few extra things like nailing three pieces of chipboard together and attaching to the existing bedhead. Could have cut costs there, I guess. And I think I drove Dan crazy running around with me buying foam and fabric. Not all guys get into that sort of thing . . .

Yep, that's me working my magic with the circular saw. I also used the mitre saw - oh la la!
Below is the frankenstein staple work at the back. Who sees the back anyway???
And the finished thing!


2 comments:

  1. The headboard looks fantastic - love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa. My cousin does a much better job - her kids' furniture is gorgeous, too - www.flaunt.com.au
    but it was fun anyway. Hopefully it holds up!
    K x

    ReplyDelete