Sunday, November 20, 2011

House in the Herald Sun

While we were away in Esperance the Herald-Sun Home magazine published an article on our home (November 5). How aloof are we? We were not even in Melbourne to lap up the glory of it! Do not be deceived, however, as preparation for this shoot took Dan and I a good two weekends. When my lovely publicist at Penguin informed me that the paper wanted to do a review on our house, I suddenly discovered so many unfinished bits and pieces it was unheard of!

But we managed to spruce things up just in time and I have included some personal snaps (ones I had submitted in order to secure the shoot) of our cosy home. I have to admit, as much as there needs to be done I am rapt that we managed to buy this house. And despite all the scary cracks and other horrors we discovered when we moved in, it has tuned out to be a solidly built house with, ultimately, very few major problems. It is dry, comfortable, filled with amazing heritage features, and we love it.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment